My first career was in HR Management and this sparked my interest in people development. Later, having experienced therapy as a client myself, I went on to train as a therapist.
I've worked extensively with carers & families, including older adults and young people - both in the community and other settings, such as GP practice. I've been a bereavement counsellor (Cruse trained) and have several years experience as a therapist in the voluntary sector. I was also a case manager & counsellor for a 'wellbeing at work' provider.
- MBACP (Accred). BACP accreditation is a further quality standard for the experienced practitioner who has demonstrated high standards of competent and ethical practice.
- PG Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Working with Couples
- Certificate in Mental Health Studies
- BA (Hons)
- Institute of Personnel & Development Diploma (previously Chartered MIPD)